Saturday, January 03, 2015

The New Year II

Since I had to shift allegiance to Bruce Willis last night and abruptly abandon my blog here I am now, trying to keep my resolution, just barely though.

I can see why Die Hard was so popular, how many people do we know can defy death like John McClane, even in Hollywood. It was quite amazing. There were some gasping moments (for me) where I was sure he was going to die, but having seen Die Hard 4, of course he wasn't going anywhere.

And then the aha moment, of why this movie was named Die Hard, call me slow, must've been the time I fell off the bed when I was little (9 years old). This guy was coming back like a bad habit, annoying mostly everyone, the bad guys, the cops and the FBI.
Also during the holiday season I love watching Christmas movies and this movie ticked that box too, with a Christmas miracle and all. What miracle you ask, for one he didn't die and then he also reconciled with his separated wife. So actually without the 'Yippee-kai-yay MF' line this could qualify as a family Christmas movie.

Talking of Christmas movies, I unintentionally put my friends and their kids and myself through an ordeal of a Christmas movie called Christmas Angel, where does Netflix find this stuff. The ratings on IMDB (you let me down buddy) were fairly high so we thought we were in for some magical Christmas fun instead it put one audience member to sleep and four of them just walked out right in the middle of the movie. I knew we were in for quite a snore fest after ten minutes into the movie and even offered to change to something else. But you would think, 'how boring can a Christmas movie really be'. One half of my brain stopped functioning boring...if you ask me. 
The final three of us still had some hope of some magical Christmas miracle, which we got, just not the Home Alone way. 

Next time, we're just going to play Home Alone, even though we watch it every Christmas at least three times in two weeks thanks to the TV channels trying to spread Christmas cheer and eager 5 year olds who don't really care if they've seen it before, like just yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message. :)