Monday, January 05, 2015

Dawn of the Dead

Getting back to work today after the Christmas break was something I was actually looking forward to. Yes surprise surprise.
That would also mean getting back to our routine, which had disappeared with a ho-ho-ho during these holidays.

No more watching movies until 3 am and waking up at 11. Kicky woke up this morning and said 'But Mama it's still night' I told her we've been waking up quite late these past days and that's why had been greeted with bright sunshine; until winter we're not going to see a hint of dawn till 9 am.
We're still getting used to the whole darkness thing and the minimal sighting of the sun during winters.

No more late night snacks. They don't call it holiday weight for nothing.

No more slacking in front of the TV. Our TV has been so overworked these past two weeks, it's having withdrawal symptoms now. And the sofa has developed a strange dent.

So in order to get back to our routine we all went to bed early last night. But then it turned into what I can only call the dawn of the dead.
Kicky wakes up at 11 pm complaining of it being too hot. And it didn't seem like she went back to her deep slumber after that. Also she hopped into our bed in between us, which makes for a very comfortable sleeping arrangement; NOT.
In my anxiety that I would oversleep and not get to work in time, I was waking up almost every hour to check the time. And when my alarm actually went off I snoozed it twice, because, of course I needed more sleep. In between my constant time checking I saw that Santhosh had also woken up and was reading something (probably very interesting) on his phone. And yes Kicky seemed to be awake at all these times too.
Some time in between Santhosh and Kicky swapped places. So instead of a small arm and leg flung over me I was now in a tight embrace with loud snoring in my right ear.

The morning saw three zombies showered and dressed automatically, or by some divine intervention.

However, I think even the kid was relieved to get dropped off at kindergarten because there was just a 'Bye' from her, none of the usual 'love you, miss you' litany.

Oh well, looks like we're slowly getting back. Kicky was out by 8 tonight, alleluia! And I am almost ready to drop too.
Let's hope this night passes uneventfully. No more zombie mode for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message. :)