Saturday, January 31, 2009

Die-'not'-eating

Oh well, I am not really dying, but since I have been on this diet I have had these bizarre cravings.
This afternoon when I walked home my flatmate was making herself a scrumptious salad sandwich. Just the smell of lettuce was making my mouth water. I wasn't eying the carb-laden bread itself but just the salad, yes, just the salad.
Now that seemed like an extremely healthy meal which I would definitely not put into my Saturday lunch menu. Weekends are for indulging. So while breakfast could be anything from omelets with cheese and sausages and bacon, lunch would be a delightful herb-filled burger or spicy chicken couscous. My mouth waters so much when I think of the chicken couscous I used to make; not to boast or anything but it was really really good.
So if you're wondering why I can't have salad when I am on diet I just can't. I am living on food packs which have all the nutrition and though I feel starved sometimes, I am actually not.
The other day a colleague at work was eating an apple and man, did I want that apple. I used to include apples in my usual fruit shopping because they are good for health and not particularly for the love of the fruit. While I would finish all the other fruits in the basket, the apples would remain in my refrigerator for weeks always going beyond the 'eat-by' date.
But now, I wish I could have just one bite of an apple. Or a bite of some crunchy lettuce and rocket salad. At least now I am craving for healthy food, so the diet is having some good effect after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message. :)