Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Too Rich, Too Skinny?

A book I was reading had this quote, "You can never be too rich or too skinny". Now, I have never thought about getting rich, but getting skinny; I have been dreaming of getting skinny since forever. Of course, I have been only dreaming; my BMI is a blinking red, for danger and like I mentioned in a previous blog, it looks like I am ready to pop triplets.
So, when you know your heart is being overworked and that beer belly is not in fashion what do you do? Go on a diet. Oh no no no, this is not just any diet. Neither I nor Atkins has decided this diet, lest the carbs find me later and I end up fatter than when I started.
I had my last solid meal last week; chicken kebabs with pita bread and chips (fries). Yeah, load on the calories, you're gonna lose them anyway.
And ever since, I have been starving, craving and dreaming.
Ok not starving, but since I am used to large quantities and a variety of food I just feel like I am starving.
And who doesn't have cravings when they are on a diet. I now crave for food that I don't even fancy, like the KFC Chicken Bucket or a McDonald's Burger.
I have been dreaming about food too. The other night I dreamt that I was eating, actually not just eating, stuffing my face with chocolates and after I was done (in the dream) it dawns upon me that I am not supposed to eat them and then this overwhelming guilty feeling. When I woke up I was glad it was just a dream and had not broken my diet yet.
No, I am not hoping to turn into Paris Hilton; if I did I'd have to sell my brains get new ones. But isn't she the perfect example for too rich, too skinny and too dumb.
So while I am battling 'fat'dom and trying to get skinny I'll leave the rich part to my husband. Getting thin is a lot of hardwork you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message. :)