Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Custodians of Indian Culture?

Two days ago Santhosh told me that "something happened in Mangalore." All I knew at that time was that some hooligans, assaulted some girls and boys in a pub in Mangalore. Well, those people didn't call themselves hooligans but identified themselves from the Sri Ram Sena; self proclaimed moral police.
These incidents have taken place in Mangalore in the past. If a Muslim guy is dating a Hindu girl, the Bajrang Dal will find them and beat up the Muslim boy. And if you think the Hindu girl is safe in all this, she is not. There has been news when these so called 'custodians of Indian culture' have molested, raped and beaten up the poor Hindu girl as well. Bastards! But then none of these incidents ever made it to the news.
So when I heard about this bit of news, I was not surprised; see how resilient we become? 'Yeah, it's happened before'; 'Bloody Bajrang Dal are at it again'

Yesterday I saw this video, and I was livid.


The people who are claiming to be 'custodians of Indian culture' were molesting and harassing women. You idiots! Is this your version of Indian culture, beating up women?
What right has anybody to physically abuse a person.

Muthalik in a press statement said that 'there is no need to raise a hue and cry about the Mangalore pub attack on women.'
And then he says that 'SRS activists did not attack the girls but the boys who had brought them to the pub'.
Oh yes, Muthalik, these were images of a fictional short movie, weren't they.

In this video, this young girl has given a first hand account and this just angers me even more.

I really wish rabid dogs were feasting on these guys' balls right now (Yeah, I heard this quote on FRIENDS)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message. :)