Monday, February 02, 2009

Winter Wonderland

I wish I could say that "I looked out of my window this morning and the pretty sight of a snow covered London welcomed me."
Let me the kill the romanticism here. On Monday mornings I can barely drag myself out of bed and once I realise that it's past even my "buffer" sleep-in time, it's all rush rush rush.
So, no time to look out of the window and enjoy the beautiful morning view.
When I got out of my apartment building this morning I was in for a pleasant surprise. It had snowed quite heavily during the night and everything was covered in snow. Londoners tell me that London has not experienced snow like this in about twenty years; so yippee, I am glad to see London like this.
It looks really very 'Christmas'sy; like pictures you would see on a Christmas card. Trees covered with snow and swaying in the gentle breeze.
Lot's of people were capturing the beautiful sight on their cameras and mobile phones.
Too bad I have no pictures to post, but if I do manage to click some photos will surely post it on here.
Lovely sights apart, getting to work today was just short of hell. Packed trains and delays. Not to mention nearly breaking my old hip because of the slippery surface. I had to walk funny just to keep myself from falling.
Oh well, never mind all that. When I looked around me this morning there was one song, oh ok carol, which kept playing in my head, 'Winter Wonderland'

"Sleigh bells ring, are you listening,
In the lane, snow is glistening
A beautiful sight,
We're happy tonight.
Walking in a winter wonderland."

It sure is lovely around here; of course if you're all warm and cozy and looking out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message. :)