Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Recycling is in my face

One morning, after greedily finishing off my breakfast, a pretzel (made in the U.K and not made in Germany), I was wiping my mouth with a paper napkin and on it was printed, 'Made from 100% recycled material.' Now that's just lovely isn't it? Recycled from what?
I have no idea where this napkin has been before and what was it masquerading as in it's previous life. If my mouth gets the fungus infection, I won't even know who to call and who to sue.

Well, I'd like to think of myself of being environment friendly, oh ok, I do get a dirty look from the Environment extra-friendlies at the 'Ladies'' when I am hurriedly pulling out tissues and also using the dryer; what! I like my hands really dry.
So ,while I am all hurrahs for recycling and making our planet a better place (courtesy Green Peace and Michael Jackson) I was just hoping that this would not literally be a foot in the mouth situation.

I want to save trees too and want to stop global warming (is it stop or slow down?) but next time I am wiping my mouth with a paper napkin I'd rather not be worrying about it's source (the paper napkin's not my mouth's).

Anyway, it has been a week now and other than two large pimples that (not so mysteriously) have appeared on my face I have so far not contracted any oral diseases and my lips seem normal, thin and pursed.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm, have you wondered about the way they make bread here? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message. :)