Thursday, December 18, 2008

Guess what? I am nice.

I can never think of myself as a nice person, for one, the way I treat my poor husband (ask him). Facebook has innumerable quizzes. You can find out if you actually have the I.Q of Einstein or if you don't know who Einstein is then your I.Q is probably inching towards double digit negatives anyway.

I took a test around personalities and guess what the verdict was? 'You are a nice person' it said. Nice? Me? The bloody test must be all wrong.

I know I am quirky and I have my moments (good and bad), and that does not make me unlikeable but that definitely does not make me nice.

And don't get me wrong, I like nice but only when it is just right. If someone overdoes the 'nice' bit I get a little bit suspicious (eh, what did I tell you about me being quirky)

So then what actually defines a nice person. If I hold the door out for you I'm being polite, not nice. If I smile at you that means I actually don't mind you or probably like you (in a platonic way), I am not being nice.

And if I am nice to only people I want to be nice to, does that make me a nice person overall? I don't think so.

People will never remember me as nice and I hope they don't. Things that may go down in my eulogy could be humour, laughter, non-stop chatter but definitely not nice.

I'm waiting to take other tests on Facebook, maybe next time it will be revealed that I was Cleopatra in my previous life and in this life God made me fat to strike a balance.

1 comment:

Leave a message. :)