Friday, December 05, 2008

To Richard: Our Fun Mr.Baldy

How do you deal with the news that someone wonderful you know has just passed away? Santhosh called me a few hours ago to give me the news of Richard's passing, and I was numb. He had been battling non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma since February this year.
Richard and Santhosh met through the Maidenhead Drama Guild and were quite close. I thought he was just wonderful when I met him the first time. The next time I did meet him though he was undergoing treatment for the cancer and was almost unrecognizable but in the best of spirits nevertheless. He maintained a blog (Mr.Baldy's Lymphoma Fun) and you'll know just how upbeat he was in spite of fighting cancer. His wit and humour just amazed me when I read his blog and of course all of us were hoping that he would recover.
At a time like this you think back and wonder if you should have said something even at the risk of sounding corny, 'Richard, sorry about the cancer but let me know if there's anything I can do to help'
At the risk of sounding corny now and awfully cliched I am going to say just what I feel. We'll miss Richard terribly and I wish things didn't turn out the way they did.
Sam, you're being thought about every minute. And though I am not much of a prayer person I promise a few of them will go out tonight for Rich, you and the kids.
Like Sam posted in Rich's blog I am sure his conversation with St.Peter at the Pearly Gates will go on just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message. :)