Friday, April 20, 2007

In the Pursuit of Happiness

I’d say we are all in the pursuit of happiness; it’s just that happiness likes visiting us in bursts and then disappears.
There is no parameter for happiness though. It is different things for different people, a best seller for a writer, a baby for a mother, warmth for the Eskimo, first crop for the farmer.
The movie, “The Pursuit of Happyness” tells us of the struggle of a man who chose to chase his dream. I believe that in every one of us there is a dream, to achieve, to be successful, to be content and to be happy.
Can happiness ever be defined? I think not.
As a child a new book or a new toy would make me happy; as a teenager, the smile of the cute neighbourhood guy.
In college, I was so happy that I had a boyfriend; as an adult, to find my soul mate. I was overjoyed when I landed my first job but later that didn’t stop me from looking for another.
When I landed myself in a profession that I wanted to make a career of, I yearned and still do, to do something different, to try something new and getaway from my current profession.
Can happiness ever be sought? Probably.
The small accomplishments at work; the pats on your back; the acknowledgement of your experimental cooking; the fact that you are missed at a party;
I think it’s good that happiness is a visitor; it just makes me realise that if I was not in the pursuit of happiness, life wouldn’t be as good.

2 comments:

Leave a message. :)