Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oh what the hell, Blog It!

While browsing the net I came across this advertisement which announced "We need writers. Publish, be read, and get paid. Start writing instantly! www.blogit.com/"

The link took me to an introductory page of how writers could have their own personal space (isn't that what even blogger gives you?) and a list of features like editing tools and all the other good stuff. Also, their guarantee is that you will be read widely and appear on Internet searches and in time (maybe posthumously) get paid for your writing.

I was not warming up to the idea at all. This is my primary blog and I love being here. My friend introduced me to Sulekha and asked me to post my writings there. I did and I got a fairly good response and I did meet other good writers. And though my blog is still there, eating up Megabytes of space, I'm back here. This feels like home.

Of course, my friend wanted to help because he thinks I need to get rid of my laziness, start writing more and incorporate people's feedback into my writing; after all they are my audience and it will be a good way for me to learn. I was very enthusiastic and that enthusiasm lasted exactly 23 hours including eight hours of sleep.

My husband has tried too, like I have said before he is my worst critique, he tries to break things gently to me, but after me going , "Oh enough with your lectures, already!", the poor guy has relented. He now quietly reads whatever I write and will tell me that something needs to be changed only if it is absolutely necessary. Like in one piece I wrote, the taboo, for some, four letter word was written correctly and not misspelled with the *. After his critique, I had to go back to misspelling it, and not grudgingly.

So, there is a dream of writing well, and getting published, some day (maybe posthumously!). But till then, I will attempt to keep writing regularly and share with you my thoughts, eccentric moments and wild soul. Amen. (Now that's a phrase I've heard before!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message. :)