Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Still Married

After reading my previous blog, Turning 29, many were surprised about the "without my husband" line and also the jest mention of the word "divorce". There might have been a snicker or two, "I knew that marriage wouldn't last" or some with the ready tongue click and simultaneous head nod, "It shouldn't have happened to them", like we died or something.

Well, hear ye, I am still married and that too happily, may be the "happily" is attributed a little bit to the distance, since we cannot get on each other's nerves anymore. And we are separated, geographically and in the non-legal sense.

I am in London on work and he is in Bangalore. Well, he claims that I am the one who left him this time, but work calls.

On my 29th birthday I was surprised with a personalised box of Belgian Truffles, the best. It came with my name on it and also a lovely card with a message from him. That was really so sweet of him, excuse the pun.

I think I can stay a day without talking to him, but then I am on the phone the instant I get home from work. And yes, I am tired of kissing that ugly phone that sits on my dining table. That would be the most love that damn phone has gotten ever.

So save all your tears, prayers, nodding heads and clucking tongues, I am still married.

- Kavisha Pinto

1 comment:

  1. Hey Boddi,

    Guess what !!
    I read all the articles you have written to date and they are just wonderful.....your are a born writer.......!

    I specially liked this one ....I even have one article call " i'll be goddamned which you had give me and it is the best one Ive ever read...

    Hope you doing ok sister.....

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message. :)